Sunday, June 8, 2014

BESTIES FOREVER!

What is a best friend? The person you can tell all your secrets and dreams to and will support you no matter how crazy an idea may be? The person you know no matter how long its been and how much each of you changed,  when you see each other nothing is different between you after days, weeks, months, years?  The person that will bring over a pizza and gummy bears to watch a bad movie with you on a bad day? I don't have a best friend. I have like 12.  Since middle school Ive always had a handful of friends who I connected with but for different reasons (others than shopping and boys I swear).  While getting older those connections got stronger or broke and new people came into my life building new bonds. In my 20s my siblings and cousins became not only people with the same parents or grandparents but also some of my best friends I could always count on, laugh with about old stories and make new memories with.

Today is National Best Friend Day!  Whether you have one, half a dozen or 65 of them, today is the day to celebrate that friendship!  I love the amazing people in my life and would love to stack their wrist and mine with different bracelets representing our different friendships.  Buzzfeed has this amazing round up of 15 "summer camp style" friendship bracelets  that have completely inspired us to buy some thread and get braiding. Best Friends Forever!


Urban Dictionary:

BESTIES:
1. Short for "best friends".
2. A shorter word for best friend
3. Friends who have each other's backs, look out for each other, spend lots of time together, and are just really good friends. 
They have inside jokes together, they go to the park and swing on swing sets, get ice cream, go to the beach, go to concerts, go bowling, and basically any activity that they like doing together as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment