Thursday, June 5, 2014

LIKE YOUR BIRTHDAY EVERYDAY


This morning I threw a birthday party at breakfast.  Obsessed with the new Katy Perry Birthday song I had to make something everyday-ish into something special. If time and my bikini allowed, I would eat french toast EVERY single morning. By adding cake batter to anything it automatically becomes way better and a small celebration.  The  Beatles' , 50 cent's and R Kelly's birthday songs will always have a place in my itunes , but Katy takes the cake (batter) with this one.  Time to pop your confetti!






Pop your confetti
Pop your Pérignon
So hot and heavy
'Til dawn
I got you spinning
Like a disco ball
All night they're playing
Your song

We're living the life
We're doing it right
You're never gonna be unsatisfied
If you wanna dance
If you want it all
You know that I'm the girl that you should call

Boy, when you're with me
I'll give you a taste
Make it like your birthday everyday
I know you like it sweet
So you can have your cake
Give you something good to celebrate

- Katy Perry "Birthday"


Recipe:




Cake Batter French Toast

Half loaf of Challah Bread sliced
2 eggs
3-5 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup yellow (or funfetti) cake mix, dry
sprinkles

Heat up up a skillet or griddle to medium heat and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and cake mix together until well combined. (you can add sprinkles to wet batter or sprinkle on top after the bread is already dipped)
Dip bread into batter on both sides.  Cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes) and then flip over and cook other side.
*after browning on skillet we moved on to a cookie sheet and put in oven at 200 for 7-10 minutes. 
After top with a little butter, whipped cream and more sprinkles!!!




More sprinkles!

Celebrate! 



Katy Perry "Birthday"

No comments:

Post a Comment